In today’s briefing:
- USDC’s Depeg Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Trust the Bots
USDC’s Depeg Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Trust the Bots
- While the market seems to have shrugged it off, crypto – and DeFi in particular – survived an existential risk over the weekend.
- USDC was caught up in the turmoil that hit U.S. banks and depegged amidst fears it was no longer fully backed.
- We covered the reaction in centralized markets in the week’s Debrief, but given that USDC’s primary use case is in DeFi, this week we’ll examine how the depegging played out on-chain, examining trading, liquidity, and lending and borrowing, with a particular focus on the role that bots played.
💡 Before it’s here, it’s on Smartkarma
Sign Up for Free
The Smartkarma Preview Pass is your entry to the Independent Investment Research Network
- ✓ Unlimited Research Summaries
- ✓ Personalised Alerts
- ✓ Custom Watchlists
- ✓ Company Data and News
- ✓ Events & Webinars