Daily Brief Macro: End of Mandatory Lock-Up Periods for 52 Companies in Korea in April 2023 and more
In today’s briefing:
- End of Mandatory Lock-Up Periods for 52 Companies in Korea in April 2023
- CX Daily: Four Things to Know About How China’s PE Funds Are Helping Revive Real Estate
- EA: HICP Crashes to Our Mar-23 Forecast
- Türkiye Election Watch: Erdogan’s Swan Song?
End of Mandatory Lock-Up Periods for 52 Companies in Korea in April 2023
- We discuss the end of the mandatory lock-up periods for 52 stocks in Korea in April 2023, among which 4 are in KOSPI and 48 are in KOSDAQ.
- These 52 stocks on average could be subject to further selling pressures in April and could underperform relative to the market.
- Among these 52 stocks, the top 5 market cap stocks include Ssangyong Motor (003620 KS), Classys (214150 KS), Jeio (418550 KS), EN Plus (074610 KS), and Nano TIM (417010 KS).
CX Daily: Four Things to Know About How China’s PE Funds Are Helping Revive Real Estate
Four things to know about how China’s PE funds are helping revive real estate.
Beijing reaffirms Taiwan could adopt own social system after reunification.
China’s short-video app users top 1 billion.
EA: HICP Crashes to Our Mar-23 Forecast
- Flash EA inflation crashed by 163bp to 6.88% in Mar-23, precisely as we forecasted, but below the consensus. A more resilient core offset downside energy price news.
- Spain’s fall was understated by the consensus, despite being symptomatic of the flat seasonals. Surprises skewed higher across the small member states for us again.
- Inflation will likely rise temporarily in April while underlying inflationary pressures remain too high. We still expect two more ECB rate hikes and no cuts until 2024.
Türkiye Election Watch: Erdogan’s Swan Song?
- Geopolitically, no election can contest the significance of the dual Turkish Presidential and Parliament elections this year.
- Incumbent president Erdogan has never lost an election (national, local or referendum) in his 21 year reign, but right now polls predict a toss-up between him and the opposition coalition.
- The countdown is on to May 14th! We are giving you the key insights in our new Turkey Election Watch Series. Come along for the ride.
💡 Before it’s here, it’s on Smartkarma
Sign Up for Free
The Smartkarma Preview Pass is your entry to the Independent Investment Research Network
- ✓ Unlimited Research Summaries
- ✓ Personalised Alerts
- ✓ Custom Watchlists
- ✓ Company Data and News
- ✓ Events & Webinars