In today’s briefing:
- Fed’s Inflation Fight: Upended by Banking System Concerns?
Fed’s Inflation Fight: Upended by Banking System Concerns?
- Potential fragility in the US banking system raises the ante on the Fed to pause increasing its policy rate. Easy money impaired banks’ ability to endure higher funding costs.
- Newly available access to the Fed’s balance sheet incurs consequences, including moral hazard, less competition and potentially easier financial conditions when inflation remains elevated.
- Markets are discounting that the Fed will ease policy settings to counter banking system events. The Fed faces difficult challenges in trying to quell inflation and preserve financial stability.
💡 Before it’s here, it’s on Smartkarma
Sign Up for Free
The Smartkarma Preview Pass is your entry to the Independent Investment Research Network
- ✓ Unlimited Research Summaries
- ✓ Personalised Alerts
- ✓ Custom Watchlists
- ✓ Company Data and News
- ✓ Events & Webinars